Steinway Piano Society Piano Bank
Application to receive a piano from the Steinway Piano Society
A new program in partnership with Wisconsin Foundation for School Music (WFSM)
The Steinway Piano Society will place pianos from the Piano Bank in the home of qualified children in order to provide a quality instrument for practice and performance while taking piano lessons. Students will be identified by music teachers, school counselors and community program leaders.
Currently 12 pianos are in the homes of 15 students in South Central Wisconsin! Here are some comments from the piano teachers involved in our program:
“My student is exemplary in every way! She has studied piano diligently this year in a conscientious way. She has grown in maturity and artistry.”
“She participated in the WSMA Solo and Ensemble Festival and received a first rating in a Class B piano solo, a first rating in a Class C piano trio and also played solos in our local recital in December and June. She is a special student and truly deserved the piano you are providing for her.”
“My student made a significant stride this year as she chose a Class A piece-Clair de Lune. This was much more challenging than anything she had done previously. She could NEVER have learned and performed Clair de Lune using a keyboard!”
“She learns easily and plays very well. She is consistent with her practicing and always comes to her lesson with a smile on her face! I’m excited to see her advancement and hope to challenge her with some new music. She is ready for it. She loves her piano!”
- Assistance is available to children 6-17 years old with household income less than $50,000 per year for a family of four.
- Applicant agrees to practice regularly and be overseen by a music teacher.
- Applicant must reside in Columbia, Dane, Green, Iowa, Rock or Sauk counties in the State of Wisconsin.
- The completed application must be returned to WFSM including two (2) references (one from a school music teacher or counselor), and a one-page statement about why the students wants to learn to play piano.
- Have space in their home for an upright piano (Average depth 25 inches, width 60 inches, height 46 inches).
Application Deadline: January 27, 2017
Download the Piano Bank Application Now!
Where to Send Application
Wisconsin Foundation for School Music
1005 Quinn Drive
Waunakee, WI 53597
or submit your application by email.
For more information please contact Mackenzie Pitterle at 608-850-1016, or send an email.